[Xml-compile] Deep recursion on subroutine "XML::Compile::Translate::particleElement"

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Thu May 26 09:19:54 GMT 2011

* Brian Phillips (bpphillips+ml at gmail.com) [110524 13:12]:
> Is there any way to silence/disable this warning: Deep recursion on
> subroutine "XML::Compile::Translate::particleElement"?  I realize this is
> generated by Perl but it seems like if XML::Compile knows it may have deep
> recursion, it should disable the warning for me.  Maybe? :-)

Which version of Perl are you using?

When I run this:

 no warnings 'recursion';
 sub f($);
 sub f($)
 {   my $x = shift;
     $x < 300 or return;
     f($x+1);
 }
 f 200;

the warning is silenced. On the other hand: probably this warning is
scoped which would mean that I have to add it to all my pm files...
Could you see if that resolves your problem?  Then I will put that
in the next release.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net