[Xml-compile] help for newbie ?

Anthony Wood bessington at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 01:35:11 GMT 2012

Hi All

I want to grab data from an input XML file, augment the data, then output
it to a different format XML file. Hopefully i will have the correct data
definitions for both in xsd files.

Its seeming a lot harder to do in Perl than i would have thought !

so far i have :

XML::Compile->addSchemaDirs('my_home_dir/xml/xsd');

my $schema =3D XML::Compile::Schema->new('my_home_dir/xml/xsd/input.xsd');

# these definitions are required by input.xsd, i have a local copy of the
# actual xsd file, which is at http://www.loc.gov/standards/xlink/xlink.xsd
$schema->importDefinitions('xlink.xsd');

I'm not getting the data in because of the error: schema namespace `<none>'
not (yet) supported

sure enough, xlink.xsd doesn't have an xmlsn tag (is that the right
terminlology ?) so presumably no namespaces defined. Is there anything i
can do to work around this issue ?

thanks in advance
Tony Wood