[Xml-compile] unique constraint not validating

ml at usermode.de ml at usermode.de
Mon Feb 6 06:56:12 GMT 2012

>> I've found an old conversation from 2008 regarding unique IDs:
>>
>> http://grokbase.com/t/sc/xml-compile/085f2pr9yf/xml-compile-schema-validation-on-xs-id-has-problem
>
> Totally unrelated.

 "Totally"? Dunno. At least it's about unique identifiers..

>> Are there any news?
>
> I know unique/keys/selector exist.  They are mainly used by databases
> to create the right indexes.
>
> XML::Compile::Schema is not a validator.  It does report errors when
> it
> finds them "by accident" with not too much effort.  Actually,
> validation
> is quite good in most cases.
>
> I know a few things which are not checked, either because they
> consume
> runtime or because they are hard to implement in the current model.
> In this case the latter: I do not use xpath expressions to process
> the XML, so when I encounter the expressions I have no idea where I
> am
> relatively to that expression.
>
> Anyway: it's quite rare that see people use unique&co in their
> schemas.

 Thank you for this clarification. It helped me a lot.

 Maybe you like to put this also into documentation, because it states
 now:

 "On the other hand, the processed data is strictly validated against
 the schema: both input and output will follow the specs closely (unless
 disabled)."

 Which version of the XML Schema Spec is supported by XML::Compile?
 Which schema features are not implemented?

 Regards,

 Markus.