[Xml-compile] XML::Compile::SOAP::Daemon v3.01

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Mon Feb 13 09:55:00 GMT 2012

Hey all,

I haven't done release announcements for some time, because I am lazy.
But to make an exception: I just uploaded a new version of the soap
server with many contributions by Patrick Powell and a new backend.

The Any::Daemon module is a much simpler daemon implementation than
Net::Server, and is (like XML::Compile) based on Log::Report for
logging, exceptions and translations.

version 3.01: Mon Feb 13 10:30:20 CET 2012

  Improvements:

  - add new server type ::Daemon::AnyDaemon, with example

  - implement error handling in ::CGI, lack discovered by [Bill Moseley]

  - ::CGI does return a WSDL as well.

  - regression tests for ::CGI

  - called handlers get the $request as additional fourth parameter
    [Patrick Powell]

  - examples/namesservice/client.pl, demonstrate send-hook
    based on example by [Patrick Powell]

  - examples/namesservice/server.pl, added server restart protection
    by [Patrick Powell]

  - add $request parameter to postprocess [Patrick Powell]

  - ability to sub-set the operations in ::Daemon::operationsFromWSDL()
    based on service, port, or binding.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net