[Xml-compile] Using the DOM built by the toolkit

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Mon Feb 20 10:26:46 GMT 2012

* Michael Ludwig (m.ludwig at epages.com) [120220 10:00]:
> When using XML::Compile::WSDL11 to access a SOAP service, the
> toolkit builds a DOM, which is then further processed to
> deliver the data as Perl hashtable as per the information in
> the WSDL.
>
> Let's say I also want the DOM directly to apply an XSL
> transformation. What's the best way to obtain a reference to
> the DOM already built?

If you can convince me that this DOM-tree has a use, I could add that
to the ::Trace object.  It will only delay the moment of destruction
of the tree, so is not a performance hit... but probably there is a
better way to satisfy your real need.

The implementation would be to change this in XML/Compile/Transport.pm

    if($textin)
  - {   $xmlin = eval {$parser->parse_string($$textin)};
  + {   $xmlin = $trace->{xmlin} = eval {$parser->parse_string($$textin)};
        $trace->{error} = $@ if $@;
    }

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net