[Xml-compile] XML::Compile::WSDL11 strange error state

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Mon Feb 27 16:15:29 GMT 2012

* Brian E. Lozier (brian at massassi.com) [120227 15:26]:
>    my %xsi_type_table =
>      ( $base_type1 => [ $ext1_of_type1, $ext2_of_type2 ]
>      , $base_type2 => [ $ext1_of_type2 ]
>      );
>
> Where can I find out what the various variables should contain?  For
> example, what's a $base_type1 and an $ext1_of_type_1, are those object
> of some sort or strings, and if so, what should they contain?

How xsi:type is being used is probably described in the documentation.  It
is a limitation of the concept "xsi:type" that it cannot automatically be
determined which types can be used where...  But by trying to understand
the names used in the schema we may get there without documentation.

Probably, you need something like

   $wsdl->prefix(s1 => 'http://???');  # fill-in the right namespace
   my %xsi_table =
    { 's1:OrderResponseItem' =>
        [ 's1:OrderResponseDetailLow'
        , 's1:OrderResponseDetailMedium'
        , 's1:OrderResponseDetailComplete'
        ]
    };

   my $r = $schema->compile(READER => $type
     , xsi_type => \%xsi_type_table
     );

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net