[Xml-compile] Resilience to random WSDL changes

Michael Ludwig m.ludwig at epages.com
Thu Mar 1 16:35:13 GMT 2012

The provider of the service I'm interfacing with sometimes makes
random changes to the published WSDL and the implementation behind.
Unsurprisingly, processing then fails:

error: decode error: data for element or block starting with `Age' missing at {http://superlister.aucland.com/QxlRicardoServices/}CheckAccountResponse/CheckAccountResult
Errors while decoding:
  error: decode error: data for element or block starting with `Age' missing at {http://superlister.aucland.com/QxlRicardoServices/}CheckAccountResponse/CheckAccountResult
error: decode error: data for element or block starting with `Age' missing at {http://superlister.aucland.com/QxlRicardoServices/}CheckAccountResponse/CheckAccountResult
Errors while decoding:
  error: decode error: data for element or block starting with `Age' missing at {http://superlister.aucland.com/QxlRicardoServices/}CheckAccountResponse/CheckAccountResult

So far, these changes are not announced; they simply happen.

I did the obvious thing like asking whether a notification procedure
could be put into place.

Is there a way to instruct XML::Compile::SOAP to carry on and try
to abide in spite of the changes in the data?

If not, don't bother inventing anything; I think changing the interface
in mid-stream is simply not acceptable, and I can't see a reasonable
way to deal with it. But maybe you have seen this before and provided
some workaround or recovery option.

Michael