[Xml-compile] SOAP Fault response missing?

cfaust-dougot cfaust at doyougot.com
Wed May 9 22:42:27 GMT 2012

Hello,
 =

First off, thanks for the module. One of the easiest clients I've used.
 =

I am having a problem when I get a fault that I'm hoping someone can help w=
ith, simply put whenever there is a fault there is nothing in the call resp=
onse. If I do a trace I see the headers and the payload being set in both a=
 success and a fault but in the fault there is no body. The only difference=
 is the http header is  500 (internal server error), which I thought might =
be the problem but the provider insists that sending a 500 is proper for th=
e a soap fault and its working like as it should.
 =

This is basically what I'm doing:
 =

use XML::Compile::WSDL11;
use XML::Compile::SOAP11;
use XML::Compile::Transport::SOAPHTTP;
my $wsdlXml =3D XML::LibXML->new->parse_file("pathtowsdl");
my $wsdl =3D XML::Compile::WSDL11->new($wsdlXml);
my $call =3D $wsdl->compileClient('Add');
my %param =3D ('param1'   =3D>  'xxx',
             'param2'   =3D>  'xxxx',
             'param3'   =3D>  'xxxx',
             'Name'     =3D>  {
                'first' =3D>  'xxx',
                'last'  =3D>  'xxx',
              });

my ($response, $trace) =3D $call->(\%param);
Works great on success but when I simply change one param value to cause a =
fault, $response has nothing in it (per Data:Dumper). $trace has the header=
s and the envelope/payload (just like I would see on a success).
 =

Any idea?
TIA!
 =