[Xml-compile] "inheriting" toXML ?

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Tue Oct 23 21:58:00 GMT 2012

* E R (pc88mxer at gmail.com) [121023 20:57]:
>     $schema->addTypemap('xsd:datetime' => 'mydate');
> error: complex or simpleType dateTime for typemap unknown

The schema types are builtin... very special.  One main reason is that
they cannot be implemented via the schema schema (chicken'n egg problem)

There is a good case for supporting it... maybe start with a correct
error message.  It is not too easy: these basic elements need all kinds
of conversions and facets.

Typemaps in XML::Compile are rarely used, so little evolved at the moment.
Most small things are solved via hooks.  When I developed typemaps,
I had large complex types in mind.  Type like "Person"  or  "DB-config".

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net