[Xml-compile] How to debug schema problems

Uwe Voelker uwe at uwevoelker.de
Sun Apr 7 09:01:39 GMT 2013

Hello,

I'm using XML::Compile::WSDL11 to access a webservice. It is working fine
for a lot of the calls. But one call returns:

error: element `...' not processed at ...

I'm guessing this is an error in the schema, as I already fixed two other
mistakes. But I have a very hard time to find this. It occurs in a
complexType. What can I do to better locate this error?

Here is what I tried already:

use Log::Report mode =3D> 'DEBUG';
did not help at all. It did a fine job for SOAP related problems, but
within XML::Compile itself the output is very sparse.

I added to XML::Compile::Translate::Reader debug output after every "my
$tree =3D shift" line. So that I could output the current node. But
unfortunately this was always the parent or previous sibling. I was hoping
to see the last checked element so that I could narrow down the faulty
element.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

How can I feed the XML I got from the server as file/string into
XML::Compile? So I could edit the XML and the schema and maybe narrow the
error down.

Thanks a lot,
best, Uwe

PS: Unfortunately the schema is not public, otherwise I would have given
you a complete example. Sorry.