[Xml-compile] parsing SOAP Faults

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Wed Dec 18 14:46:14 GMT 2013

* Gert Doering (gert at space.net) [131218 14:39]:
> I don't want to sound particularily ungrateful, but...
> error: schema namespace `http://xml.apache.org/axis/' not (yet) supported
> ... meh.  This is what I tried as a extra schema:

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>^M
> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://xml.apache.org/axis/" elementFormDefault="qualified"
>  attributeFormDefault="qualified">^M
>         <simpleType name="xs:hostname" type="string"/>^M
> </xs:schema>^M
>
> "should be good enough"...?  (Tried without xs: prefix, but then I got
> a complaint about "(none)").

Ouch, this is totally confused.
You have the <schema> keyword in the Axis namespace!
  'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'

You should not change the schema unless you know what is wrong: it's too
easy to introduce namespace mistakes.  Your example should more like

 <xs:schema
    xmlns:me="http://xml.apache.org/axis/"
    targetNamespace="http://xml.apache.org/axis/"
    elementFormDefault="qualified"
    attributeFormDefault="qualified">
       <simpleType name="hostname" type="string"/>
 </xs:schema>

But there must also be a
     <element name="hostname" type="me:hostname" />
in there.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net