[Xml-compile] Question on Signing Elements via XML::Compile::WSS::Signature

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Tue Jul 30 10:29:48 GMT 2013

* Jacob Petrie (jake at silverweb.com) [130730 04:17]:
> Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I haven't been able to
> find the answer by searching.

Only unasked questions are dumb ;-)

> First, very excited about using XML::Compile::WSS as we are already
> ahead of where we were before in trying to get WSS headers and signatures
> in place.

Implementing WSS is prety hard: the spec allows for so much freedom and
there are zillions of extensions, per company at least one :-(

> The WSDL of the service we are calling as a client requires that we
> sign with 2 signatures, the first with 6 elements signed (5 of which are
> in the header, including the tiemstamp, and the other is the body) and
> then a second signature on the first signature element (<ds:Signature>).

Quitea unique question!  A signature on the signature... who has invented
that?  can you send me a real example of this message (probably best
off-list)... I may need to add something to the interface.

> Additionally, we must include an EncryptedKey element within the header
> (xmlenc). Is that something I can do with XML::Compile::WSS or do I need
> to generate that myself?

On the moment, only one of the ways to include the key is implemented:
which seems to be used in bank transactions.  I need real-life examples
to get other extensions to work.  Please show me.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net