[Xml-compile] XML Compile write with xsd to validate

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Tue Jun 18 07:29:16 GMT 2013

* JOSE RAMON GONZALEZ MARTINEZ (joseramon.gonzalez at ext.mpsa.com) [130618 06:57]:
> but I am lost about how to add this:
> xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
>    xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="variables.xsd"

The second line tells the user of the schema where definitions can be
found which are not in a namespace.

For namespace-qualified components, you can use <import>

   <import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/"
      schemaLocation="../smil/smil20.xsd"/>

Usually, the location uri is broken.  And "schema technology" expects
it to be loaded dynamically from the web.  As maintainer I hate broken
and "dynamic": you have to import everything explicitly:

  my $schema = XML::Compile::Cache->new([glob '*.xsd']);   # or

  $schema->importDefinitions('variables.xsd');

> Again many thanks for your help.

Welcome.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net