[Xml-compile] Schema reader doesn't compile but schema writer does?

DEIGNAN Ciaran C.DEIGNAN at rsd.com
Tue Sep 3 09:35:55 GMT 2013

Hi Mark and all,

I'm an almost-beginner, experimenting with XML ::Compile to talk to an internal application that uses Web Services.

I have a strange behaviour with XML::Compile::Schema.

The application can supply the schema for the data it provides. I can create a writer from a schema, but I can't always create a reader.

I get the following error, and I don't know if the problem is in the schema or in XML::Compile:

Can't locate object method "nodeNil" via package "false" (perhaps you forgot to load "false"?) at C:/Perl64/site/lib/XML/Compile/Translate/Reader.pm line 698.

I have XML-Compile version  1.35.

I have other schemas were I can generate a reader, so the problem isn't systematic.

How can I debug this ? "Log::Report mode => 'DEBUG';" doesn't give me any extra info.

My XSD has several lines like

<xs:element default="false" minOccurs="0" name="vital" nillable="true" type="xs:boolean">

Perhaps it's strange to have a default on an element that's nillable...?

Thanks for any pointers,

Ciaran Deignan

RSD SA (Geneva)