[Xml-compile] Problem to write repeatable blocks

Mark Overmeer solutions at overmeer.net
Tue Sep 10 08:44:13 GMT 2013

* Alex Bernier (alex.bernier at free.fr) [130910 08:37]:
> That produces the following error : alert: Can't
> use an undefined value as a HASH reference at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/XML/Compile/Translate/Writer.pm line 339

This looks like a bug.  Could you please add this before line 339:

            my $doc    = shift;
 +          $_[0] or panic;
            my $values = delete shift->{$multi};

and send me the trace?

It looks like it is caused by this complex construct:

>         <xs:choice>
>             <xs:choice minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>                 <xs:element ref="multipleChoiceQuestion"/>
>                 <xs:element ref="inputQuestion"/>
>             </xs:choice>
>             <xs:element name="contentListRef" type="xs:NMTOKEN"/>
>             <xs:element ref="label"/>
>         </xs:choice>

One of the choices is itself a choice which can repeat itself.
Quite tricky.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net