[Xml-compile] wsse:Security SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand is set to 1 despite no WSS security enabled

Robert Woodard robt.woodard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:55:34 GMT 2014

So if I'm running this via a daemon that runs in a mod_perl environment and
I access a service that does have WSS enabled (the code for accessing each
service is kept in different .pm modules; another module imports ::WSS but
this one doesn't), the importing of WSS will carry over to all the
instantiations of XML::Compile?  That would explain the behavior...is there
some way to reach down to the writer and tell it to turn mustUnderstand off
when accessing a particular service?  I've discovered that the presence of
the security header isn't the actual problem, it's that flag.  I've been
messing around with opts_writers but haven't had any luck so far:

my $wsdl = XML::Compile::WSDL11->new( "TicketManagement.wsdl",
        opts_writers => {
            ignore_unused_tags => 1,
            mustUnderstand => []
        }