[Xml-compile] Changing keep_alive?

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Thu Dec 10 15:05:21 GMT 2015

* Matthew Horsfall (alh) (wolfsage at gmail.com) [151210 14:59]:
> I thought I had seen some sort of problem in the past with overriding
> the LWP, but I may be confusing that with overriding transport
> perhaps.

There are many object involved in the transport: an LWP::UserAgent,
some XML::Compile::Transport'er, an XML::Compile::SOAP*::Client, etc.

Not so long ago, you have two choices:
  1. have all objects created invisibly
  3. create all objects by hand, step by step

but in recent releases, there are more short-cuts.  If you provide a
user_agent at the toplevel, it automagically gets to the ::Transport
object when that gets created.  So: somewhere half-way between options
1 and 3: create some by hand and other automatically.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net