[Xml-compile] Updated XML::Compile::*, get wsdl-soap.xsd does not exist error

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Sat Jan 31 22:07:37 GMT 2015

* Patrick Powell (papowell at astart.com) [150131 17:51]:
> [Sat Jan 31 08:55:00.507934 2015] [perl:error] [pid 1966] error:
> file /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/XML/Compile/WSDL11/xsd/wsdl-soap.xsd
> does not exist\n\t...propagated at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Log/Report.pm line 143.\nCompilation
> failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n
>
> Before I jump into an extended debugging session,  did I miss some
> announcements about a new version/update?

Between your old and your new version collection, WSDL11 got split
off from SOAP11.  This file is part of SOAP11, because it defines
the rules for SOAP11 inside the WSDL11.

When I look in the package:

    http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/MARKOV/XML-Compile-SOAP-3.07/lib/XML/Compile/WSDL11/xsd/

You see that the file is present in the distribution.
   . Do you find the file of the location of that error?  (is the
     error wrong or the file really missing?)
   . can you check the version of file
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/XML/Compile/SOAP11.pm
   . Try reinstalling XML::Compile:SOAP11 and check in the output
     whether that xsd gets installed.

I use this combination myself without problems.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net