[Xml-compile] Syntax errors when loading XML::Compile::Dumper-generated module

Mark Gardner mjg at phoenixtrap.com
Mon Mar 23 22:20:57 GMT 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Mark Overmeer <mark at overmeer.net> wrote:

> Not all Data::Dump::Streamer versions have the same bugs.

Sadly the previous several versions of DDS (2.09 through 2.37) do not pass
tests and install cleanly on my Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite system. The latest
version 2.38 does, though.

> It apparently decodes
>
>   lib/XML/Compile/SOAP.pm
>       my @pairs = ( %{delete $data->{Header} || {}}
>                   , %{delete $data->{Body}   || {}});
>

> into
>   my(@pairs) = ( %{{} unless delete $$data{'Header'};}
>                , %{{} unless delete $$data{'Body'};});
>
> which is explainable but incorrect Perl.
> You may be able to get this resolved.

Meaning: file a bug for DDS? Or hand-correct it after freezing?

> XML::Compile::Dumper may not help your performance at all:
> Data::Dump::Streamer should have some de-duplication implemented.

Can you offer other suggestions on improving startup performance?

--
Mark Gardner $ <mjg at phoenixtrap.com>