[Xml-compile] Memory leak when compiling calls?

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Wed Jan 6 21:01:22 GMT 2016

* Matthew Horsfall (alh) (wolfsage at gmail.com) [160106 17:09]:
> The attached script demonstrates a memory leak when compiling calls.
> Memory just keeps growing and growing and growing.
> Is this a bug?

You must compile the calls only once, is clearly stated in the
documentation, so this is not an important issue.

The compilation will create very nasty trees with closures and code
references.  There were a number of Perl-internal reference counting
bugs fixed in recent perls, and there are probably more to fix.

Besides, I do use 'weaken' on some crucial places, but probably not all
of them.  Debugging is a hell and it will only help people who do not
use the module as desinged.

If you have patches, I will apply them.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net