[Xml-compile] Error finding data element in response

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Wed Mar 30 16:04:55 GMT 2016

* Mark Grimes. (mgrimes at cpan.org) [160330 14:49]:
> I have successfully been using XML::Compile::WSDL11/SOAP11 to interact
> with the EngeryStar's QPX service for several years. Their WSDL is
> published here:
>
>   https://esws.energystar.gov/DataServices/servlet/webservices?ver=1.1&wsdlxml

I am unable to collect that WSDL.
(You may send it to me in private)

> Recently, I have started getting the following error from $wsdl->call(
> 'Submit_Status_Request_For_Submission', ... ):
>
> decode error: data for element or block starting with `Acceptance'
>    missing at
>    aw_Submit_Status_Request_For_Submission_status_response_Output:
>    status_response/product_response
>
> As you can see, the 'status_response/product_response/Acceptance' does
> exist. I'm wondering if the problem is due to the multiple namespaces.
> I don't think I have seen that in from this service in the past. Any
> help would be very much appreciated.

It is very common practice to have multiple namespace.

They may have added an schema (look for <include> and <import>)
Of course, you have a copy of those when it still did work ;-)

Often, such errors are caused by an element orderning problem: when
the elements in the answer are not exactly a written down in the schema.
With many tools, people have to create the nodes one-by-one, by hand.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net