[Xml-compile] Fault when required child within optional parent node

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Sat Aug 19 10:13:51 GMT 2017

* Thibadeau, Daniel (dan.thibadeau at hp.com) [170819 04:29]:
> error: decode error: data for element or block starting with `amount_collect' missing at tns:calculateTaxOnCteDataModelResponse/return/cte_document/document_header/payment_information
>
> My request does not contain the "payment_information" element, so the
> response is also missing that element (as expected).  The fault message
> seems to only be on the response and not the request.

Yes, decoding is performed on the received message.  Also, the element
named *Response.

> I believe this should be a valid WSDL configuration.  I do get back a
> valid/expected response in $answer

I expect that the response contains an empty <payment_information/>   But
it may also be not empty with an unexpected or out-of-order field.

See $trace->printResponse(pretty_print => 1);

> What can I do to prevent the error?

Fix the schema or server ;-)

> Should the printErrors() method be printing the error twice?

The first error is only the last (fatal) issue.  After that, it lists
all issues, sometimes with more information.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net