[Xml-compile] XML document as an embedded CData section

Mark Overmeer solutions at overmeer.net
Fri Aug 31 06:38:01 GMT 2018

Hi Chris,

* Christopher Taranto (christopher at tokpela.com) [180830 19:19]:
> How do you post an XML document as an embedded CData section?
>
> My test script is receiving a 500 server error because the XML that I am
> sending is being escaped before it is being sent to the server.

Of course it get escaped, to avoid the confusion between the documents.
Probably, the server is sloppy in its implementation only expecting CDATA
from its parser.  CDATA is the better option in this case, but not the
only option.

> I have looked all over the documentation for many of the different modules
> but I have not been able to find anything that has helped me.

On many places where you add elements or attributes, you can not
only pass values but also objects.  For instance, a fully prepared
XML::LibXML::Element object.  You could try to pass a CDATA object.
(If it does not work, we will make it work ;-)

    my $cdata = $doc->createCDATASection($content);
    my @req_params = (parameters => { xml => $cdata });

Can you try this?  If you get errors, please reply to me off-list
until we have a fix.  Hopefully we come to a text for the FAQ.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net