[Xml-compile] Regarding SOAP 1.2 faultNotImplemented handling

Sheeju Alex sheejuec7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 09:03:29 GMT 2018

Dear All,

        I am trying out simple calculator application with support of SOAP
1.1 and SOAP 1.2 using XML::Compile::SOAP::Daemon::PSGI
<https://metacpan.org/source/XML::Compile::SOAP::Daemon::PSGI>, so I have
modified the psgi calculator example with wsdl which supports SOAP 1.1 and
SOAP 1.2 together and I have commented `subtract` callback so that
`faultNotImplemented` handler is called when I call `subtract` SOAP Action.

# commented this part of the code
https://metacpan.org/source/MARKOV/XML-Compile-SOAP-Daemon-3.14/examples/psgi/calculator.psgi#L54-59

# This is where faultNotImplemented handler is attached to operation
https://metacpan.org/source/MARKOV/XML-Compile-SOAP-Daemon-3.14/lib/XML/Compile/SOAP/Daemon.pm#L232-235

This perfectly works fine for SOAP 1.1 and I get faultNotImplemented
response when I call `subtract` SOAP Action but for SOAP 1.2 I get below
error

```
error: QName formatting only works if the namespace is used for an element,
not found http://perl.org/xml-schemas/xml-compile-daemon/1.0 for
notImplemented
```

After debuging I have found a fix to this error so that for SOAP 1.2 it
work fine, I just had to replace XC_DAEMON_NS to SOAP12ENV for all the
faultHandlers in module XML::Compile::SOAP12::Server.

https://metacpan.org/source/MARKOV/XML-Compile-SOAP12-3.06/lib/XML/Compile/SOAP12/Server.pm#L99

I am just wondering why XC_DAEMON_NS was used, if anyone has tried SOAP 1.2
let me know why I got QName error and do I have some other way to fix this
instead of updating XML::Compile::SOAP12::Server module?

Best Regards,
Sheeju Alex