[Xml-compile] XML::Compile::SOAP::Daemon::CGI and nph option for FastCGI

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Wed Apr 10 07:57:54 GMT 2019

* Immo Goltz (immo at nothrix.org) [190409 13:36]:
> it's me again having trouble running XML::Compile::SOAP::Daemon::CGI as FCGI
> process.
> Long time ago with version 3.09 you implemented the -nph => BOOLEAN option.
> This works well.

You are probably the only one who is still using CGI.pm ;-)

> I guess nph should be set like it is done in the _run method:
>       , -nph     => ($args->{nph} ? 1 : 0)

> What is your suggestion? For now I patched CGI.pm like this

The change looks logical, so is accepted.

Are you sure we need the enforced type-cast on the nph parameter?  I cannot
find a reason for that in CGI.pm.

> -    return $self->sendWsdl($q)
> +    return $self->sendWsdl($q, $args->{nph})

> -sub sendWsdl($)
> -{   my ($self, $q) = @_;
> +sub sendWsdl($,$)
> +{   my ($self, $q, $nph) = @_;

> -      , -nph     => 1
> +      , -nph     => ($nph ? 1 : 0)

So, I would change that (and the existing case) simply to

  +      , -nph     => $nph

Okay?  Could you test that?
--
greetz,