[Xml-compile] read timeout

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Fri Jan 18 08:40:46 GMT 2019

Hi Mike,

* Mike Baas (mbaas at candelacorp.com) [190118 01:59]:
> Unsuccessful stat on filename containing newline at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/XML/Simple.pm line 967.
> Unsuccessful stat on filename containing newline at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/XML/Simple.pm line 980.
> File does not exist: read timeout at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 266.
>  at lib/Candela/SalesForce/API/Metadata.pm line 91.

Why are you decoding with XML::Simple, where you already have
the message decoded in $answer?

XMLin looks at the data it gets.  When it starts with '<' it
is XML, otherwise a filename.  Your answer does not contain
XML... the content is probably an error text (and contains
newlines)

> Seems the content I'm getting back isn't able to be found.  I get a
> very long timeout when running my script.  The debugger doesn't seem
> to point to the problem.  Is there way I might see the raw data xml
> data coming back, if any?

The $trace->response contains the exact HTTP::Response, and much
more (seel XML::Compile::SOAP::Trace)

(There also is an XML::Compile::Simple alternative to XML::Simple)
--
success,

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net