[Catalyst-dev] Class::DBI wiki backup

Matt S Trout catalyst at trout.me.uk
Fri Jul 29 03:20:20 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 08:41:21PM -0400, Drew Taylor wrote:
> I can definitely understand Tony's feelings given all that was said in the
> recent discussions (I believe sri was out of line with several of his
> comments), but I can't help but feel Tony's acting like the proverbial kid
> who takes his ball and goes home. I have the highest respect for Tony's
> abilities & work to date, but I'm disappointed at how things turned out. :-(

I told sri at the time he was out of line, but Tony over-reacted by far.

I was looking forward to a new era of Class::DBI development where Tony was
left to get on with gradually evolving a rock-solid system while DBIx::Class
tried out all the experimental stuff people were mistakenly trying to force
into Class::DBI.

As for what will happen now, we'll see. When I got an e-mail from Tony
saying I didn't have permission to post the e-mail saying I didn't have
permission to post the wiki, I kinda went into "shit, this is something
out of the Twilight Zone" mental mode and gave up trying to understand.

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk