[Catalyst-dev] Patch for C::P::Session::State::Cookie

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 19:45:43 CEST 2006

On 8/2/06, islue <islue.hu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it necessary to limit baking the cookie where the path is matching
> only?

The point isn't to limit when/if we bake the cookie.  The "path" attribute
of a cookie tells the browser what paths to send it back to us for.  So if
you have a cookie called "session_id", and your app is at
http://myhost/catapp, and there's another application hosted at
http://myhost/otherapp which also has a "session_id" cookie, you'll
definitely need this to avoid them stepping on each other.  If the root of
the domain (http://myhost/) and everything beneath it is all served just by
your Catalyst app, then I guess one wouldn't care about it.

-- Brandon