[Catalyst-dev] Patch for C::P::Session::State::Cookie

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Thu Aug 3 19:30:38 CEST 2006

catalyst-dev-bounces at lists.rawmode.org wrote on 08/03/2006 12:12:49 PM:

> I roughly know how cookie works.
> I had situation that lynx would croak when I baked a cookie with
> path attribution '/abc' under a request of path '/'.
> But I haven't confirmed it again.

It should just set security scope for the cookie at a more specific level
then hostname, left unset path is assumed to match at /.  It is in the RFC
(http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2109/rfc2109) and I have yet to find a
browser that supports cookies at all that does not fully support path. If
it broke lynx it was a bug and should have been fixed -- in your example
lynx should have noticed that / was not in the scope of host/abc and sent
the request with no cookie.