[Catalyst-dev] [Fwd: [Catalyst] Minor Problem With Tutorial]

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 22:13:28 CEST 2006

On 8/14/06, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:
> I think it's almost time to do a Catalyst tutorial screencast.  Any
> reason not to?

Hi Jon,

It has been on my list to attempt something like that.

One of my concerns is the soundtrack (personally, I think screencasts
with a voice-over have more impact) in that: 1) I don't think I have a
very "DJ-sounding" voice, and 2) I don't have good sound recording
equipment.

I assume having the entire tutorial in a screencast would be overkill.
 Do folks think it would be better to have just the "Catalyst Basics"
module as a screencast?  Would you do that entire section, or just
parts?

Also, seems like a screencast that just focuses on the "glitzy stuff"
would be cool from a marketing perspective.

Kennedy