[Catalyst-dev] [Fwd: [Catalyst] Minor Problem With Tutorial]

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 09:51:50 CEST 2006

On 8/14/06, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:
> Someone posted to Chicago.pm wondering where all the perl
> documentation was, because it wasn't in MS help format "like PHP".  Now
> personally, I'm all for telling people to install man and do man perl,
> man perlfunc, etc.  (and I think that's easier than HTML docs), but if
> shiny HTML docs makes them fall madly in love with catalyst, then let's
> go for it :)

(I'm assuming the user in question is using Windows since you
mentioned MS help format)

ActivePerl already comes with shiny HTML docs (and auto-generates them
for every module that's installed). It even syntax highlights the code
examples inside the docs.

It can be reached through a "Documentation" link inside the user's
start menu. If the user couldn't figure that one out I really think he
will have a hard time learning Perl (or, probably, any other
programming language).

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.