[Catalyst-dev] Re: [Catalyst] Re: Last Chance / Last Day: Web development platform contest and Perl / Catalyst

victori at lamer0.com victori at lamer0.com
Tue Dec 5 00:02:06 GMT 2006

I completely agree on what you proposed. Keep the documentation on
the catalyst site. The current documentation is bland and hard to
navigate. The documentation should be structured in a way where it
would be easily accessible by a beginner. It needs to flow from easy
beginner Catalyst tasks to more advance topics. Up front I would
suggest listing *preferred* components to use and the ones to avoid.

wiki should be used as a dumping ground for documentation. Think of
it as svn trunk for community driven documentation. Pull it from the
wiki back to the main catalyst documentation so it is coherent and
structured. Concerning spam, Trac has spamfilters now, so it should
be more manageable.

Just my two cents.

-Victor