[Catalyst-dev] Opinionation

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 23:47:17 CEST 2006

On 7/3/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> People have for quite a while suggested that we should be more opinionated,
> that we should guide people down a "One True Way". and lots of other people
> have said "no, that's a bad idea" for all the obvious reasons.

My thought is:

1) Have the framework be as flexible as possible (which is what you
all have done a great job with)

2) Have the documentation (maybe not all of it, but especially things
for beginners) recommend a single "best practice" way of doing things.
 OK, maybe not a *single* way in every case, but stick to a limited
set so as not to confuse people before they ever get started.  I
believe this has been a priority for Jesse in his recent documentation
updates (and I have tried to do that with the tutorial).

So, I agree re the code, but think at least "starter docs" should
limit the number options they present.

Kennedy