[Catalyst-dev] question about Catalyst::Manual::Actions

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 12:04:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

This actions section is a great addition and I see immediate uses for it.  However I have a question about the docs.  It gives and example of a BEFORE action:

 #--------------------------------------#
package Catalyst::Action::SayBefore;

  use base 'Catalyst::Action';

  sub execute {
    my $self = shift;
    my ( $controller, $c, $test ) = @_;
    $c->stash->{what} = 'world';
    $self->NEXT::execute( @_ );
  };

  1;
#--------------------------------------#

Would an AFTER action look like this?

#--------------------------------------#
package Catalyst::Action::SayBefore;

  use base 'Catalyst::Action';

  sub execute {
    my $self = shift;
    my ( $controller, $c, $test ) = $self->NEXT::execute( @_ );
    ## Anything you want to do after the action runs
    ## but before it continues.

  };

  1;
If I have this right is there still time for me to submit a docs patch?  I found I read it
few times before I grasped that I could do an after action.  I think it work clarify
things a bit.  I really see the possibility that there will be a whole host of contributed
actions on this model.

--john