[Catalyst-dev] Redux: config formats

Adam Jacob adam at stalecoffee.org
Sat Jun 10 22:39:41 CEST 2006

On Jun 9, 2006, at 7:50 PM, Matt S Trout wrote:
> I say we bite the bullet and move to Config::General by default,
> leaving YAML
> available as an option if and only if somebody writes a patch to
> embed a cheat
> sheet in comments available by default.
>
> What say you?

I think Config::General is the right choice.  It's flexible, can
model pretty much any data structure we need, and still feels like a
"Configuration Syntax" more than a pure data modeling/serialization
language.

Once we make that decision, we should spend some time going through
the many modules who include config examples in YAML and also include
the Config::General syntax.

Adam