[Catalyst-dev] RFC - Catalyst-Helper-FCGI

Daisuke Murase typester at cpan.org
Tue Oct 3 14:02:57 CEST 2006

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:05:40 +1000, "Kieren Diment" <diment at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've written some tests to look for non-identical behaviour between the test
> server and for fastcgi under lighttpd, both where deploying the application
> under the server root or in a subdir.
>
> Please have a look and run the tests yourself if possible.  I know the way I
> set up the lighttpd config is not ideal, but it works for now™.
>
> I'm planning to add apache tests as well and would appreciate advice/working
> code on the best way to do this.
>
> At the moment I am unable to offer tests for IIS, which I know we are all
> sad about.
>
> it's in catalyst trunk at: Catalyst-Helper-FastCGI

This is very similar to Catalyst-Helper-Lighttpd what I'm working on.
http://svn.unknownplace.org/public/library/perl/trunk/Catalyst-Helper-Lighttpd/

Helper::Lighttpd is also have -p option for output lighttpd configuration.
You can easily setup your fastcgi application by using this like:

    # lighty.conf
    include_shell "/path/to/myapp_lighttpd.pl -p"

Lighttpd is simple and nice.

What are you think about this?

And I can work with you if you want.

Regards,