[Catalyst-dev] Authentication plugin design

Daniel Ruoso daniel at ruoso.com
Tue Oct 24 11:44:54 GMT 2006

Hi,

I've been discussing in #catalyst for the last days about this, so for
some here, this may be not new stuff. I'll be in IRC, so if you want to
go there to talk to me, that's good.

The problem I'm trying to address is having a more extensible and
pluggable authentication inside Catalyst. During this discussons, I
wrote a document and a diagram describing the proposed design and the
problem.

Please take a look at the following URLs to see both the diagram and the
document.

http://people.debian.org/~ruoso/diagram_notes.html

http://people.debian.org/~ruoso/diagram.png

I'm still in "design phase", so this is the best time to be picky about
anything (and please, do it). And also, the naming schema used in the
notes isn't definitive and is probably bad, so suggestions of a better
naming schema would help also.

BTW, keep in mind that I'm trying to be as compatible as possible with
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication (with help from mst), so it will be
interfaced as a Credential module (in the sense C::P::A uses).

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Ruoso