[Catalyst-dev] Yet another IE crash

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 20:32:38 GMT 2006

On 10/25/06, Andy Grundman <andy at hybridized.org> wrote:
> After fixing a few test server crashes caused by IE, I am getting one
> that I can't figure out.

Andy,

Many thanks for looking at this.  Although I hate using IE for
everyday use, being able to test how things look in IE is important
for most web apps, and it's a pain to not be able to easily do that
with the dev server.

In case it's helpful to others when looking at this (or trying to work
around it), one thing I have noticed is that IE works fine if you do
it into a connection that's port forwarded via SSH (presumably it
would work with any type of TCP proxy, but I have only tested this
using SSH).  So I do something like "-L 3000:127.0.0.1:3000" from my
machine into the server I'm working on, and then I can do
http://127.0.0.1:3000 into the browser on my machine and IE works
great (even without the -k option on the dev server).  I haven't
looked at why this is the case (I keep saying I'm going to get a dump
of it in action but never get around to it), but there it is...

Regards,
Kennedy