[Catalyst-dev] [Catalyst] Catalyst Book Authoring

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Fri Sep 8 20:30:14 CEST 2006

> Will there be some discussion of the templating system? On the whole, I
> think this outline looks pretty exciting. Have you got feedback from any
> body on the developer list about this?

Yup, the templating system is an integral part of building the example
applications.  Most of Template Toolkit's features are simple enough to
learn through example.  If readers want to do something more complex,
they can have a look at the excellent online documentation (or the
O'Reilly book, which I imagine is good too).  I think towards the end
we'll mention that Mason is another templating possibility, but it's not
quite as well-supported as TT in Catalyst.  (Mason itself is fine and
has a good reference book that's currently in print.)

I haven't heard anything back on the developer's list yet.  I think
everyone is pretty busy during the week and that I'll hear something
from them over the weekend.  I'll let you know on Monday.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway