[Catalyst-dev] Deprecated Plugins patch

Ash Berlin ash at cpan.org
Sun Sep 10 19:12:11 CEST 2006

Guys

I put together a mechanism so that Catalyst can warn when a deprecated
plugin is being used - see attached patches.  Hopefully the docs should
be enough info.

I put the list of plugins into C::P::PluginDeprecationRegistry which
lives under Cat-Devel on nothingmuch's urging.

Sample output for the lazy ones of you included below (Yes i know
C::P::Email isn't deprecated, was just testing with it).

Cheers
Ash

[info] YourPreferences powered by Catalyst 5.7001
[warn]
*                    You are using deprecated plugins!                       *
*  Please upgrade your code to use new plugins, or look at                   *
*    Catalyst::Plugin::PluginDeprecationRegistry                             *
*  for information on how to get rid of this warning.                        *
| Deprecated Plugin                   | Replaced By                          |
| Catalyst::Plugin::Email             | foobar baz                           |

You can connect to your server at http://bowser:3000