[Catalyst-dev] Re: PPM Catalyst/Manual.html clash.

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Tue Jul 17 05:26:01 GMT 2007

* Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> [2007-07-14 15:30]:
> Before we start implementing workarounds for PPM brokenness,
> could you file a bug against PPM and see if active state will
> resolve it?

How do you expect them to resolve it? I don’t see how a computer
(as opposed to a human) should be able to tell that Manual.pm
supersedes Manual.pod without some mechanism to say so, and such
a mechanism simply does not exist in the CPAN toolchain.

(If I had to come up with a heuristic, I would in fact consider
`.pod` to be more specific than `.pm` – exactly the opposite of
what Catalyst would need.)

I suggest simply renaming the file to something equally
attractive-looking, like UserManual.pod. That would remove the
ambiguity and would still catch all the flies that Manual.pod
attracts. Is there a problem I am overlooking with that?

Regards,