[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst DB and Objects

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:38:05 GMT 2007

Hello all,

First time I heard of Catalyst (or even MVC, reminds me of DTC) and I
was wondering while I go through the docs how well the framework mates
with databases and objects.

Mostly because I want to see how problems with database
objectification in a generalised way were done, if and how sql was
removed from the programmers chore and how well definitions work with
such a scheme. Objects them selves I was wondering how the framework
copes with foreign object and foreign set linking chore and the

Does the framework allow you to call scripts from either http or bash
with a translation between ENV and ARGV? Are most features bolted on
from external modules?

I couldn't find too many answers on the docs so far so apologies if I
missed something.

Best Regards, Martin Owens