[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst DB and Objects

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jun 13 16:58:01 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 11:38:05AM -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> First time I heard of Catalyst (or even MVC, reminds me of DTC) and I
> was wondering while I go through the docs how well the framework mates
> with databases and objects.

Catalyst doen't specify that - the tutorial and most developers tend towards
DBIx::Class, which is a separate project.

This is not rails. There's more than one way to do it.

> Does the framework allow you to call scripts from either http or bash
> with a translation between ENV and ARGV? Are most features bolted on
> from external modules?

It's still perl. Anything you can do in perl, you can still do in perl with
Catalyst loaded.

> I couldn't find too many answers on the docs so far so apologies if I
> missed something.

See above. Also, this is the dev list for the -framework- - you want the
users list I guess. See