[Catalyst-dev] Re: PATCH - Multiple ActionClass attributes [OT]

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed May 9 15:05:45 GMT 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 02:09:42PM -0700, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> Migrating the Catalyst codebase to Moose sounds
> fantastic yet almost seems like a rewrite.  Is there
> the rumblings of a TODO list for this anywhere since
> I'd like to be involved, after catching up on some of
> the other things I'm committed to.

Not really, the trick will be providing things like mk_accessors in terms
of Moose so everything works basically unchanged and both we and the users
can migrate at will (or just pretend it's still Class::Accessor::Fast, with
immutable in place performance is basically equivalent). Marcus did this in
a branch during the 5.70 dev push but we decided then the performance and
maturity weren't sufficient; it's about time somebody tried it again.