[Catalyst-dev] Advent 2007

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:32:38 GMT 2007

On 11/6/07, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/07, J. Shirley <jshirley at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 11/6/07, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > I would like to read an article on deploying on Amazon S3 or other
> > schemas.
> > >
> > > Z.
> >

> > Could you elaborate a bit?  I'm not sure what you mean by deploying on
> S3 --
> > do you mean EC2 or am I being completely dense?
> >
> What I had in mind was using
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=3D16427261 for Catalyst
> models.  I have not yet looked at it in any more detail - so I cannot
> tell any more details what I would envision to be in the article.  But
> from what I heard S3 is a nice solution for scaling.
>
> Z.

I'm trying to get some work published right now for a
DBIC::InflateColumn::S3 package.  If you want to actually run Catalyst on
Amazon's webservices (deploy) then you want EC2.  S3 is just a storage
medium, much like a network-based shared disk storage.  I would compare it
to a managed and commercially supported MogileFS cluster.

-J