[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst Advent Stubs In Place: Lets go!

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Tue Nov 20 18:29:13 GMT 2007

On Nov 20, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:

> OK - I am not sure if I'll be ready on time, but I am starting now.
>
> I have a question - what do you use as the base for your example
> application?  The Tutorial MyApp requires user to login before playing
> with it's features, even those that don't need a logged in user to
> work - I really hate that (the more that you really need to look hard
> to find the password).  So what do you guys use?

For the first one I did, since it wasn't an introduction to Catalyst
or anything like that, I just started it out with:

This tutorial assumes you already have some Catalyst experience, so we
won't
go into too much detail with the basics of creating an application...

   % catalyst.pl AdventOFC
   % cd AdventOFC
   % script/adventofc_create.pl view TT TTSite

I don't see a lot of need to go into huge amounts of detail on setup
for every tutorial, otherwise every tutorial would be an introduction
to Catalyst.  :)

I've already committed my first one (day 8) if you want to check it
out and tell me if my setup part is _too_ sparse.  :)

--
Jason Kohles, RHCA RHCDS RHCE
email at jasonkohles.com - http://www.jasonkohles.com/