[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst Advent Stubs In Place: Lets go!

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:33:33 GMT 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 10:29 AM, Jason Kohles <email at jasonkohles.com> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
>
> > OK - I am not sure if I'll be ready on time, but I am starting now.
> >
> > I have a question - what do you use as the base for your example
> > application?  The Tutorial MyApp requires user to login before playing
> > with it's features, even those that don't need a logged in user to
> > work - I really hate that (the more that you really need to look hard
> > to find the password).  So what do you guys use?
> >

> For the first one I did, since it wasn't an introduction to Catalyst
> or anything like that, I just started it out with:
>
> This tutorial assumes you already have some Catalyst experience, so we
> won't
> go into too much detail with the basics of creating an application...
>
>   % catalyst.pl AdventOFC
>   % cd AdventOFC
>   % script/adventofc_create.pl view TT TTSite
>
> I don't see a lot of need to go into huge amounts of detail on setup
> for every tutorial, otherwise every tutorial would be an introduction
> to Catalyst.  :)
>
> I've already committed my first one (day 8) if you want to check it
> out and tell me if my setup part is _too_ sparse.  :)
>
> --
> Jason Kohles, RHCA RHCDS RHCE
> email at jasonkohles.com - http://www.jasonkohles.com/
> "A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire

If you check the working final app into examples/ then just point there --
people can then work from there anyway, and all is good in the world.

I just gave a quick glance at your OFC article -- looks great!  If I get
time I'll do more intensive proof-reading later.

-- =

J. Shirley :: jshirley at gmail.com :: Killing two stones with one bird...
http://www.toeat.com