[Catalyst-dev] porting from another MVC framework

Emily Heureux emily at burnham.org
Wed Nov 28 22:24:52 GMT 2007

Hi, we are trying to port from a homemade MVC framework to Catalyst, but we
are new to Catalyst.  The old setup had logic written in Model and View, and
very little in the Controller.  I do not understand how Catalyst is set up
by default.  I cannot seem to have several perl modules within View, but I
can put all the logic and perl modules I want into Controller.  My
understanding is that you don't want to put a bunch of logic in Controller,
but instead in Model and View.  Is that not a typical way of going about
designing in Catalyst?

Thank you for any insights or opinions,

Emily