[Catalyst-dev] Search for catalyst site

Adam Bartosik moldovenu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 20:25:24 GMT 2007

> Duh, you can simply put that you are a non-profit org.  No ads :)

sure, i did it few years ago on my scouting site ;)

>  I setup a patch here, instead of having a search tab I just enabled the
> search box as the style displays it.
>  http://catsite.toeat.com/

great. Release it, release it... let people use it  ;)

>  Chiggity-check it.

I am just not sure full cpan should be included - eg. someone will try
to find "session" but all this cpan sessions modules buzz is not so
helpfull.
My proposals:

- put all catalyst pods under eg "catalystframework.org/doc" or
somewhere in catalyst domain namespace /we can make these pods with
catalyst layout, so it is also "make better doc layout"/
Let google crawles it and we will get proper results with nice layout :)

- add to google search set only partial links from cpan. Simple hacks
- as i checked it now - are:
http://www.google.pl/search?q=site:cpan.org/dist/Catalyst
or
*cpan.org/*catalyst*
however there are only about 152 google-crawled modules with such mask
when search.cpan.org show ~560 results.

--
Adam Bartosik