[Catalyst-dev] catamoose status

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri Dec 12 18:38:20 GMT 2008

On 12 Dec 2008, at 14:49, Enno van Amerongen wrote:

> I'm currently in the process of selecting an MVC framework for a
> rather larger site that needs to be re-factored. I've looked at
> several frameworks, but right now Catamoose seems the most promising.
> There is just one major concern, is the current Moose port of
> Catalyst (5.8000_04) already production ready, or are there still
> big parts on the todo list?
>
> So, in essence, would you advice me to already start using
> Catamoose, or not?

Catalyst 5.80 (aka Catamoose) is getting more ready each day, but I
wouldn't suggest using it in a production environment _just yet_. I
am, however, using it to do all of my development with, and it's not
too far off.

Catalyst 5.70 is perfectly useable / stable, and any app made which
uses 5.70 should work fine under 5.80 once it is released.

What is specifically pushing you to want to use 5.80 over 5.70?

Cheers
t0m